Upon email notification of acceptance, please begin to secure your funding to ensure your participation in the Pathfinders Summer Institute 2021. All courses require you to raise funds. The cost to attend is $969. This includes virtual conference registration costs, tuition and specific materials/resources (as applicable to each Course).
**Please note: the first 20 K-12 U.S public school teachers who apply and are accepted to Microsoft MakeCode AP CS Principles and Tynker AP CS Principles and also first 5 K-12 U.S public school teachers who are accepted to CSAwesome will participate for free.
Please select one of the following two fundraising options:
- 5a) Funding via school, district or PTA
- Upon acceptance to the Pathfinders Summer Institute 2021, 70% ($679) of your fees will be paid by the Infosys Foundation USA. Applicants are expected to raise the remaining 30% ($290) to attend. Please work with your school principal, district, or PTA to secure this funding or pay directly yourself.
- Provide school, district or PTA the appropriate invoice (included with your email notification of acceptance) along with instructions about how to remit payment. Secure and submit your funding ($290) no later than Thursday, June 17, 2021 to ensure your participation.
- If you are successful securing this funding, please skip ahead to Step 6.
- 5b) DonorsChoose
- If you plan to create a DonorsChoose project to attend the Pathfinders Summer Institute 2021, the cost of your package will be $969. This cost includes virtual conference registration costs, tuition and the specific resources/materials (as applicable to each course). You’ll notice some additional costs on your DonorsChoose project, such as processing fees and a suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
- DonorsChoose provides a platform for any K12 public school teacher or charter school teacher to secure funding to attend the Pathfinders Summer Institute 2021, regardless of the availability of funding from their district. Creating a PD project on DonorsChoose to fundraise only takes a few minutes.
- Create and submit your PD project on DonorsChoose to attend the Pathfinders Summer Institute 2021, using the unique campaign code the Pathfinders Team will share with you by email when you are accepted by the PD course leader. If you plan to create a PD project page, please follow these instructions from DonorsChoose: https://help.donorschoose.org/hc/en-us/articles/1500002782461
- You will receive a special 3X match from Infosys Foundation USA, tripling each donation you fundraise for or receive from the DonorsChoose donor community.
- Please submit your Pathfinders application by May 14, 2021 at 5:00pm EST so that you can be accepted by the PD Provider into your course.
- Please create your PD project on DonorsChoose no later than 11:59 pm EST on May 17, 2021.
- Note that the PD project will need to be fully funded by June 17, 2021 to ensure your participation.