Upon email notification of acceptance, please begin to secure your funding to ensure your participation in the Pathfinders Winter Institute 2021. All courses require you to raise funds. The cost to attend any of the courses is $850 and includes virtual conference registration costs, tuition and specific resources if applicable needed to participate.
**Please note the first 30 US public school teachers who apply and are accepted to CMU CS Academy will participate for free.
Please select one of the following two fundraising options:
- 5a) Funding via school, district or PTA
- Upon acceptance to the Pathfinders Winter Institute 2021, 70% ($595) of your fees will be paid by Infosys Foundation USA. You are expected to raise the remaining 30% ($255) to attend. Please work with your school principal, district, or PTA to secure this funding.
- Provide school, district or PTA the appropriate invoice (included with your email notification of acceptance) along with instructions about how to remit payment. Secure and submit your 30% funding no later than Monday, January 11, 2021 to ensure your participation.
- If you are successful securing this funding, please skip ahead to Step 6.
- 5b) DonorsChoose
- If you plan to create a DonorsChoose project page to attend the Pathfinders Winter Institute 2021, the cost of your package will be $850. This cost includes virtual conference registration costs, tuition and specific resources if applicable needed to participate in your selected virtual PD opportunity.
- DonorsChoose provides a platform for any public or charter school teacher to secure funding to attend the Pathfinders Winter Institute 2021, regardless of the availability of funding from their district. Creating a project on DonorsChoose to fundraise only takes a few minutes.
- You will receive a special 3X match from Infosys Foundation USA, tripling each donation you fundraise.
- The last day to create and submit a DonorsChoose project is December 11, 2020 by 11.59pm ET.
- Create and post your PD project on DonorsChoose to attend the Pathfinders Winter Institute 2021, using the unique campaign code the Pathfinders Team will share with you by email when you are accepted by the PD course leader. If you plan to create a project page, please follow these instructions from DonorsChoose: https://help.donorschoose.org/hc/en-us/articles/360057160373
- Please submit your Pathfinders application by Dec 8, 2020 so that you can get accepted into your course and then submit your project on DonorsChoose by Dec 11, 2020. Note that the project will need to be fully funded by January 11, 2021 to ensure your participation.